Would you like to learn about growing food in traditional ways? Are you interested in becoming a worker-owner? Feed the People Farms accepts apprenticeship applications! Apprenticeships are currently open to one person at a time, and are conducted under the following guidelines:
- Apprenticeships are intended as an educational and/or introductory program.
- Apprenticeship terms are 3-months; and 20 hour per week work commitment.
- Apprenticeships are not paid.
- Residency is not required, but apprentices must secure their own transportation to and from the farm.
- Rent and utilities will not be charged resident apprentices.
- Due to our union shop agreement, apprenticeship applications must be reviewed by the General Executive Board (GEB) of the Industrial Workers of the World North American Regional Administration. The GEB oversees all IWW co-ops and sole proprietor businesses to ensure non-exploitative practices are adhered to.