Farm-share pick-up location:
- Sundays (Apr-Nov): Avondale Estates Farmers Market at My Parents Basement
- 22 N Avondale Rd, Avondale Estates, GA 30002
- Sundays (Dec): South Bend Commons
- 1799 Lakewood Ter SE, Atlanta, GA 30315
Are you a Farm-share member?
- Contribute a recipe or story to our blog: Click here to write!
There are currently no more farm-shares available for the 2020 season. But you can still support and save with our Discount Club!
Please come and visit us Sundays at the Avondale Estates Farmers Market
What is a Farm-Share?
A farm-share is a great way to ensure you have food. Farm-share members receive weekly boxes of fresh food April through December, and share in some of the costs of maintaining the farm. By owning a farm-share, the middle-men like shipping companies, grocery stores, and big brands get nothing, and you directly maintain the farm where your food is grown. So, What food do I get?
By joining FTP Farm-share, you support – and are supported by – traditional ways of farming, regeneration of soils, restoration of ecosystems, and preservation of native and heirloom foods; you can live from your roots. These foods also support grassroots organizing, and as a farm-share member, you’re supporting campaigns to organize workers, end police brutality, establish autonomy to poor neighborhoods, and more!
Why own a farm-share?
- Loyalty. Our farm-share members are our main customers and take priority when planning and packing each week’s harvests.
- Mutual Aid. When you own a farm-share, you directly support operational costs of the farm where your food is grown. This allows other revenue to be re-invested into expanding the farm and farm-share program. By sharing the risks and rewards between farmers and farm-share members, it is not not capitalism and unsteady markets, but solidarity and mutual aid that secures our food.
- Restoration. Feed the People Farms utilizes regenerative and restorative agricultural practices that improve soil and water health, restore native ecosystems, preserve endangered breeds and varieties, and removes carbon from the atmosphere.
- Power to the people. Our food is being monopolized and industrialized more and more each day. Conglomerates merge with other conglomerates, millions of acres of farmland is bought-up and poisoned, our natural resources and wilderness dwindles, and traditional ways that sustained us for thousands of years are lost. The FTP Farm-share is a small, but powerful act against this trend and fights the power by feeding the people!